Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Taxes and Child Custody: Are Child Support Payments Claimed as Income on Taxes?

I receive child support payments from my ex.  Do I have to claim this on my taxes as income?

No.  Just as your ex cannot claim the child support payments as a tax deduction, you do not have to report the child support payments as income on your taxes.  If you are receiving alimony from your ex, however, this is considered income and should be reported accordingly to the IRS on your tax forms.

For more questions regarding taxes and child custody, visit this page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment